Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten for Tuesday

Okay - I miss blogging. I thought I would try something different for a while. Why not 10 for Tuesday. We just got back from Hawaii, so I am going to list my top ten favorite things about our trip to Kauai (in no particular order.)

1. Hiking - we took a hike every morning. The great thing about the island of Kauai is that every shore seems like a different island - different terrain and climate. So weird. (this is a picture of our first hike on the Nepali Coast.)

2. Swimsuits all day long.

3. Listening to the ocean. This was the view from our room.

4. The weather - 80's the entire time.
5. Mermaid's cafe - the best Ahi Tuna wraps on the island.
6. Time with just the hubby.
7. Billie Madison Pizza. Smoked Fish. Onions. Gorgonzola. Brought new meaning to bad breath.
8. Laying by the pool...reading...drinking limeades.
9. The roosters. Had to be mentioned. They are everywhere. It is the most bizarre thing ever.
10. Laid back nature of the islanders. Brought a piece home with me which lasted about 45 minutes. Must go back to get more.

5 comments:

Pedaling said...

ahhhh, take me away!

Soccer Mom said...

Looks like soo much fun! We need to go there!!!

Nikki said...

OOOOhhhh.. it looks fabulous! I'm glad you guys got to get away (and without the kiddies!! LUCKY).

Mom and Dad said...

Beautiful we need to plan a family trip.


Love grandpa and Grandma

Leslie said...

Kauai is the BEST of all the islands. I'm glad you guys got to get away.