Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I Cup"...

If you have had the wonderful opportunity to meet our 8 year old, Gabriel, you have realized that he is so sweet and innocent and loves to laugh. Do you remember being in Elementary and trying to make your friends say something funny? They don't realize they have had a joke played on them until after they have made the statement? (My personal favorite was saying "what are you doing under there?" "Under where?" ha! Underwear!!) Well, Gabriel is to that stage - 2nd Grade - who knew? So he comes into Jesse's office Friday afternoon where Jesse and I were discussing the day. Here is how the conversation went:

Gabe: "Hey Dad, spell "I Cup". Giggling the ENTIRE time.
Jesse: What?
Gabe: Spell "I Cup". More giggling.
Jesse: E-Y-E-C-U-P. (He thinks he is so smart.)
Gabe: Can't speak because of the giggling.
Jesse: "I-C-U-P."
Gabe: Falls on the floor because he is laughing so hard.
Jesse and Trish: Laughing just as hard as Gabe.


Oh, to be in 2nd Grade again....



3 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

totally makes me giggle... I was the girl that everyone played those jokes on! I never clued in until it was to late... He is too cute! I can't believe that you have a 2nd grader... Whoa! ;) Love you all!

Pedaling said...

what are you talking about, putting you to shame, give me a break. i love your blog, the music and everything. Your kids are beautiful, cute husband, happy life - i love it. i'll be adding you to my contacts - hope you don't mind.

Soccer Mom said...

When I saw this last night, I laughed soo hard I cried. Bo was laughing so hard he had sit down. Lizzy loves to do the "Underwear" joke on everyone. I agree with you, "Oh to be young and inicent again!!!" Love to all!!