Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Confession of an Obsession...

Know what this is?It's a rice bag (not mine...mine is much cuter and bigger :))...My Mom made mine.

I am obsessed with my rice bag during these cold winter months! I HAVE to warm it up before bed time, and then I put it at my feet to keep me nice and toasty as I fall asleep. One night I couldn't find it, so went to bed to freeze to death in my sleep - curled up in fetal postion with my hands tucked in my armpits. My children are now obsessed with the rice bag, also. Emma calls it her "warming bag". I let them keep it until they fell asleep, then I steal it away for myself! Thank goodness for a loving Grandma - my Mom made them their very own small versions so their stingy Mom can have hers back. Thanks Mom!

8 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

They are GREAT for sore muscles too!!!

Aly said...

you are so funny! I want one!!!
I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Lori said...

My grandma had one. She used it all of the time. They really do work great!

martha corinna said...

You've inspired me to dig mine out of some forgotten box.

Carrie and Jeff said...

I have one of those that I need to use at night. Thanks for reminding me of it. I always have to lay down in bed with my legs in indian style so I can put my feet in my knee pits. That's how I've been getting my feet warm. The rice bag is a much better idea.

Troop 2531 said...

My mom made these for us too! They are awesome!

Connie said...

What an awesome mom you have!! I haven't seen you in such a long time--my fault--I need to choose my classes better.

Keri said...

What is a rice bag and how do you warm it up?? I have never heard of such a thing but now I want one...