Monday, February 23, 2009

Get Ready...

Missouri! Here they come!
Yesterday my parents had their "farewell". They both gave wonderful talks in church. I walked away wanting to be a better person, daughter, mother, wife, friend.... They have a special way of doing that. I must say that I have the greatest parents ever. They are the most humble people I know, and I feel so blessed to have them as my parents forever. They will continue to teach me and my children by example, even though they will be far away.
We were able to visit with lots of family members we don't get to see very often. ALL of my sisters, their husbands, and my nieces and nephews were there - this doesn't happen very often. They will be missed, but I am excited for them and this amazing opportunity that they have accepted!

You also better get ready for random posts from me about my kids to keep my mom going :)

9 comments:

Krazy Keetch's said...

I can see where you get your kind, giving, caring and sweetness from! You are very lucky to have such great parents:) I wish them the best!!

Soccer Mom said...

We are super excited!! See you on Monday for the big moment and the send off!!! Give those kids a kiss from us! We miss them already!!!

Aly said...

That is so awesome! It looks like you have such a wonderful family!!

Paula and Ray said...

It was a great day for them!! I am so excited for them. I know we will miss them terribly and so will my Kids, but what great examples!! Love you!! See you again on Monday!!

Michelle said...

Yesterday was so fun! It was great to see everyone - there were so many I hadn't seen for a million years. Your parents were in awe of how many people came. We will definitely miss them!

Camille said...

That is really neat! Best of Wishes to your parents! They will make great missionaries!

Lisa said...

If my parents could go on a mission today they would want to go to Missouri....Keep us posted and thanks for the suggestion on the kitchen. I will keep my eyes peeled.

The Christensen Family said...

Love this photo! You're parents are so amazing. I feel like I have learned so much from them and their darling example -- just hearing about it all!:) Love you honey...

Keri said...

You are lucky to have such wonderful parents. I am so happy for them. They will be awesome as missionaries!