Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Our Favorite Books...

Gabriel and I like to read together every evening at bedtime. We like to pick a series and read EVERY book in the series. Then when I new one comes out, we can't wait to squeeze it in! The last full series we read was Spiderwick. And you already know how much we enjoyed those! We read all 5 in about 3 days. His teacher is now reading them to his class. We just started the Dragon Slayer's Academy. We are on number 3 and really enjoying them! They make Gabriel laugh!


We have read all of the Magic Treehouse books, and we are patiently waiting for number 39 to come out in March. Gabe just read the entire series over again in preparation for the new one! This is my favorite series so far with so many fun facts!


Gabe got this entire series for Christmas last year, and we read all 26 in about a month. Now that he is done with Magic Treehouse, he is reading A to Z mysteries again. He likes to try to solve the mystery himself.

Of course, who doesn't love Beverly Cleary? We read all of the Ralph S. Mouse Books and Ramona. I still love Ramona!


We started the Junie B. Jones books, but Gabe thought they were too girly, so we quit about book 8. I think she is the funniest little girl! She reminds me a lot of my niece, Jenna. Maybe that is why Gabe wanted to stop reading them. Hmm.... Maybe I will read them for myself!

10 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

I will have to write some of these down for Lizzy to read. She does really enjoy the Junie B. books but we haven't read any of the others. I think she would like the mystery ones. Thanks for posting this!

Pedaling said...

those are great.
we love the magic school bus and yes, we read all the Junie B Books around here!

Aly said...

You got me so excited for when Joey starts reading. What a cute Mom you are!

martha corinna said...

What an awesome mom you are!
I will take notes on all of these.

Amy said...

You are so wonderful to read with him every night! I bet he loves being with you even more than the books!

Nikki said...

I luv how much u read to Gabe. I need some of ur energy. My new blog is tolmantime.blogspot.com. Miss u guys!

Jen Carpenter said...

Trish!

We love all those books as well! I am starting to read them to Kaden, Colton thinks I am so "lame" that I want to read to him- so grown up! It is amazing when we as parents start become as "uncool" as our own parents! I love reading to my kids as well- creates so many fun memories and stirs up many great conversations! Love ya! Jen

Marisa said...

Trish -- you're the second person today who has recommended the Dragon Slayer series, so we're on a mission tonight to go get #1. Thanks!

I'm almost through with your last recommendation, A Thousand Splendid Suns!

Tate Family said...

Trish...hang onto those books I may want to borrow some...
I'm soo glad he enjoys reading soo much and you too...
YEAH!!!!

Palmer Family said...

This is so sweet. I just love it.