Friday, February 15, 2008

Special Valentine's Date...

I had a special date for Valentine's Day with one of my sweethearts - Mr. Gabriel. His school, Ridgeline, was the school that was snowed in on Wednesday evening. He actually did make it home that night around 11:30 and was happy to find out that school was canceled yesterday. So...that left an afternoon open to go see this...


We read the books together this winter, so we HAD to go see the movie. I liked the books better than the movie. They left out a lot of parts and changed some of it for Hollywood. BUT - I really did enjoy it. So did Gabe. If you have really little ones, I wouldn't take them. There are some scary creatures in there!

7 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Heard about your storm! Lehi even made our local news! Glad he made it home okay! I think that is an awesome Valentine's date! Give the kids lots of hugs and kisses from us!!

Pedaling said...

thanks for the review - always looking for a good flick -
that's crazy that you kiddo got caught at school - id never heard of such a thing!

martha corinna said...

Good to know, the preview of the movie is on one of my daughter's movies. She has asked to see it. She's 4, what do you think? Is it too scary for her?

Amy said...

I'm so glad Gabe was in good hands with Steph. I bet he loved that time with you! Your such a cute mom!

Pedaling said...

i'm sure with my tv posts you will continue the rest of your life with not tv - it's true you're not missing anything!

The Christensen Family said...

Glad you got to squeeze in some family togetherness after such a scary night! I need more details on the movie -- too scary for Bella and Coley? Love you guys!

Marisa said...

Spencer and I went to see this and really loved it too.

Wow, I can't believe Gabe was snowed in until 11:30. Scary.

I love your posts!