Monday, February 25, 2008

A Week in Review...

Since I am kind of using this blog as a journal and to keep my sweet mother-in-law up to date in our family, I thought I would continue with "A Week in Review". Last week I shared what I had learned. Not that I didn't learn anything this week, but I am going to share what I am thankful for this time. Here are just a few:

  • Family Home Evening - We had family night with some great friends last week and made a list of what we needed in our cars to be prepared. After it was over, Jesse e-mailed eachof us a list of the supplies with "kitchen sink" as the last item. Seriously...if you saw the list you would agree that each of us needs to buy a trailer to pull behind the car for all of the emergency supplies! We also read a great article from President Eyring.
  • Good Friends - We have a babysitting group of four couples that has been trading babysitting once a week for date night. This has been going on for THREE years! Once in a while we actually get our own babysitters and go out together. This was one of those times. It is so fun to spend time with these couples! They are each amazing!
  • Good Ward - Our ward did host dinners this week. We got to be the host with 3 other families invited. We had dinner and a great time getting to know one another at our house, and then dessert at the church. So fun!
  • The ability to read - I LOVE to read for myself, but I especially LOVE to read to Gabe! We are already on Dragon Slayer's Academy #5. I better get to Barnes and Noble this week to see how many more are to come!
  • Patience - Emma has figured out to open the bottom drawer of her armoire, climb into it, and then empty it of all its contents - mainly clothing and shoes. Over and over. And over.
  • An accountant - I just sent my taxes in. I can't think of many things worse than trying to do your own taxes. Not my area of expertise.
  • Officials - Don't laugh. I am the Stake Women's Sports Coordinator and those women can get out of control! The officials seemed to change the atmosphere.
  • Saturdays - I think Saturday is my favorite day. Number One being that I get to spend it with Jesse and the kids. Just kicking back, running errands, being together.

6 comments:

Fishin' Ponds said...

I love all the wonderful things you are grateful for. It's so much fun to read your blog and learn new things. I have a running list of books I want to add to my library! :)

Soccer Mom said...

Glad to see that B-Bo is not the only one that empties her drawers. I am hoping she will grow out of it soon!

Marisa said...

I love Saturdays -- they are a precious commodity and when the weather gets starts to get warm it means we get to be outside as a family. I love your "thankful list."

Thanks for the book recommendation -- I really liked it, even though it was so bittersweet.

Kristen said...

I love your optimism, I really need it in my life!

Ash said...

Trish I love that your calling it a week in review. Perfect I think. So fun. I love hearing how you are all doing. Glad everything is going well. Miss seeing you guys!

Kelie said...

this is so great, I know it's mostly for you but I love to hear all that is going on so i can stay updated with your darling family! miss you!