Monday, October 27, 2008

Elder and Sister Madsen... aka Dad and Mom

My Mom and Dad came to visit this weekend. I sure am going to miss those visits... And they took Emma home with them - she couldn't get out of our house quick enough when she found out she got go to their house!Well, I promised to tell how my parents go their mission call. Dad retired a few years ago from teaching Auto Mechanics at school and now continues to work at his "shop" from home. He always had a business while I was growing up. He is very popular among the farmers. It's hard to find an honest mechanic sometimes. Anyways - they planned on serving a mission sometime in the future...maybe in a few years. Well, they were very surprised when they were called into the Stake Presidents office and told that the First Presidency was calling them on a service mission to Missouri - specifically Adam-ondi-ahmen. Wow! Needless to say, there were a little shocked! So the process of going on a mission for them went in reverse. They got their call and then they did all of the paper work. Dad will be doing mechanic work and mom will do Family History Work part of the time and help take care of the grounds. I don't think they could have been called on a more perfect mission! I has "Frank and Donna Gayle" written all over it! I am so proud of them for accepting the call and grateful for their sacrifice, service, and example to my children! xoxo

12 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats again to your parents! That is so neat that they are willing to serve and what a great opportunity to get called there!

Troop 2531 said...

so very cool! They will love it back there! We went on vacation back there and it's great!

Connie said...

What a fantastic opportunity!! You better work visiting them into your vacation plans!!

Soccer Mom said...

Emma is adorable and was soo excited when she got here!!!! Still get goose bumps everytime I think about the way this all happened!

Sarah said...

how long is emma gone? I bet she was excited to go! Gotta take advantage while your parents are here.

Long Family said...

What a blessing for your family- and what an amazing mission! Lucky Emma!

April said...

That's so neat Trish! I never knew that people got their mission calls like that! I guess it's a good way to get people to go though!

Fishin' Ponds said...

My mom will be excited to read your blog...she kept asking me the story behind their call. She called me the day they announced it in church to tell me, and then told me I had to ask you about it. I told her to read your blog! :) It is the perfect mission for Frank and Donna Gayle...so excited for them!!

stephanie said...

That is so exciting. Dave's parents got called on a mission to the mission dept throught their bishop, because he knew they needed someone. It was funny.

Our Loved-up Family said...

What great oarents you have that they are ready to drop everything at a moments notice to serve the Lord. That's a great story.

Rob, Kara & Crew said...

Tell your parents congratulations! That is great. I'm sure they will be wonderful missionaries. I've always thought very highly of your parents. They are the kind of people that will do anything for anyone.

Staci said...

Maybe one day you will have a flash back friday of your and Jesse's mission call?! Could be! How are things? Your kids are super cute and I hope that I will be able to post pic like the ones of Emma and her doings..:)