Thursday, October 30, 2008

High School Musical 3...

Did you see it? Did you like it? Well, I haven't seen it yet, but word from Gabe and Jesse is that it was great! Gabe went on Friday, and we let him choose who got to go with him. Can you believe he chose Jesse over ME? Huh - interesting.

So crazy story to go along with the movie...they got to the theater, got the goodies, and watched the previews. The movie comes on and Jesse is thinking, "This is an interesting beginning. Isn't this rated G?" A few minutes in, he immediately pushes Gabe's head to look at the floor, says "don't look up", and runs out of the theater to tell them to shut off the movie! It was playing "Sex Drive"! What??? There was a programming error. They opened up extra theaters that night for HSM 3 and apparently this particular theater was previously playing Sex Drive. Needless to say, there were some ANGRY parents!

14 comments:

Our Loved-up Family said...

Too funny! Maybe they should replace all showings of Sex Drive with HSM3?

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

WOW! Good thing Jesse was quick to react. I would have been one ticked momma! You try so hard to keep your kids innocense in tact and then someone else tries to destroy it. I hope they gave you a refund or something but even if they did it doesn't reverse any damage done.

Soccer Mom said...

I would have been soo upset!!! We went and seen it last Saturday! IT WAS AWESOME!!! Lizzy says it was better than the first two and we all of to agree! You really need to go and see it! Loves!

Connie said...

Not funny, but memorable for sure!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is too funny, but also a bummer. It's almost impossible these days to shelter our little ones. It makes me sad, really, that there's some things like that that just happen and we have no control. I would have asked for a refund too!

April said...

Wow! How crazy! I would have been pretty upset too! Anyways, I haven't even seen the first High School Musical yet, but it sounds like my kids are really missing out! Guess I'd better get with it!

Lori said...

Wow! What a mistake for the theatre to make!! Glad my teenage son wasn't there. . .he would have enjoyed that a little TOO much I am afraid! LOL!

My kids want to see the movie. Glad to hear that it is a good one :)

Ashley said...

Hi Trish. It's Ashley Lanenga. I found your blog through Sarah's and hope you don't mind me checking. I have seen some of your posts and they are great. I love the flashback Fridays. Feel free to check out mine. How crazy about the show; that is awful! I haven't seen HSM3 yet, but loved the first (not as much the 2nd) but do want to see the 3rd.

Mindy Widdowson said...

Oh my Gosh...Trish...that is a pretty dumb mistake on the theaters part!

It is cool though that Gabe and Jesse had a Father and Son night! I remember those special one on one nights with parents as being some of the best times of my childhood.
Love,
Mindy

Carrie and Jeff said...

I've never even heard of the movie Sex Drive. I would be mad too--but it is kinda funny (since it wasn't me and my kid).

Willie E. said...

It's funny but not funny. We watched this little mix-up on E! for crying out loud but had no idea Jesse experienced it first hand. The host on Daily 10 didn't think they played 'R' rated movies in Utah! Of course he was just being funny!

martha corinna said...

Crazy! That is some story.

Stephen and Effie said...

So so funny, I love too that it happend in Utah..I can only imagine

Shar Chavira said...

no way! that's crazy! they should have given everyone a refund. :)