Monday, January 5, 2009

Ta Da!!!

It's done!!! The room still needs some decorating, but the paint and bedding is done!! Emma loves her new room....So happy!
We thought about doing more flowers...until we started!

I was lucky enough to have Jesse home all week last week! I put him to work! For one, he painted a wall in his office:
He also:
  • Put together furniture for my craft room and set it all up.
  • Put together new shelving for the storage room for our food storage.
  • Took down Emma's crib and helped me convert her "nursery" into a little office for me.
  • Helped move furniture in Emma's room - hang drapes - bought a new mattress - helped decorate - and painted flowers.
  • Moved the playroom to its own special room.
  • Cleaned the garage so our garbage cans could fit.
  • Shoveled the driveway a bazillion times - our driveway is the cleanest in the neighborhood!
  • Took down the Christmas Tree.
  • Took the kids swimming twice.
  • To the movie once.
  • And to Clark Planetarium.
  • Helped Gabe learn to ride his new Ripstick and play basketball.
  • Spent New Years Eve driving to Idaho to pick up Gabe then to Boondocks, Sushi, and to a movie.
  • AND was my personal taxi driver!
I'm sure that is not how he expected to spend his vacation, but I sure do love him for spending time with us at home :) Thanks, babe!

25 comments:

Kristen said...

Can you send Jesse our way - we are WAY behind on the projects in our house:)! Looks beautiful.

Soccer Mom said...

Bedroom is adorable!!! Once we get in our own house, I will PAY you to come and help me decorate!!!! Too cute!

Our Loved-up Family said...

What a lovely bedroom, and those flowers turned out perfect! You are one talented mama!

Long Family said...

Wow! Trish, it's absolutely DARLING! I am sure Emma is tickled pink! Great work you guys.

Michelle said...

Busy, busy girl - AND Jesse. Ummm, what's he doing next Tuesday? I could use some help up our way.....! You better keep him around!

I bet Emma is one happy girl!

~Natalie~ said...

Her bedroom is so dang cute! You did awesome..like I knew you would. Your amazing Trish! What a good husband you have. :)
Love ya and can't wait to see ya on Wednesday!!!

Staci said...

Love it..so cute and sooo worth it:)

Co-chillin with the Roths said...

Your hubby is a SAINT.

That room is absolutely perfect. Of course, I expected no less =) Did you free hand those flowers?

Pedaling said...

love the room- it's so fun to decorate little girls bedrooms! great job.

Lori said...

That room is absolutely DARLING!!! It is just so cute for your cute little Emma!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

The room looks great. I love the flowers. I'm glad you got it done.

Keri said...

Your daughters room turned out wonderful! I love the flowers on the wall. Very creative. Sounds like you and your hubby were very busy during the holidays. :)

Carrie and Jeff said...

You guys got a lot done. We sat around a lot. The pink room looks cute.

Bri said...

So cute! You are one talented and cute mom! :)

Burnside Family said...

Wow! Way to go Jesse. That is one good guy. Emma's room looks great. How fun to have a big girl room. Sounds like you guys have been busy and having fun building memories together as a family

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

I love Emma's room, especially the purple!! I think I would consider doing Brielle's nursery purple if I could do it over! DARLING!! I'm impressed at Jesse's multi talents!! :-)

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Ok, so it looks purple in the picutres, but I think the walls are pink! Duh, on my part!!! Still adorable!!

Leeann said...

She is ONE LUCKY GIRL! I would love to do this to the master bedroom since I'm the only princess in the house. I'm afraid Sean would kill the flowers though (or me first!) :) Awesome job!

Tanya Kimball said...

Cute Trish! I bet she is lovin' all the pink! And Jesse, why didn't you teach these handyman tricks to Drew? Miss you guys!

Melissa said...

Sweet dreams for Emma--

Dave and Shelby said...

Her room looks so cute. Way to go mom... I am so happy to see you guys are doing well. We missed you at book club. Your family Christmas card was so cute...
XOXO Shelby

Aly said...

Looks so good! I bet Emma just loves it in there! I think I would too!! Great job you guys

Shar Chavira said...

So super cute!!!! Love how it turned out! What a husband! Mine went snowboarding every day over the break...but the clock is ticking for him to get the babies room painted!

Stephen and Effie said...

What a lucky little girl, can I be a kid in your family

Marisa said...

Hey I've missed you! I haven't been in the blog world much lately and I was so excited to read about your holidays. The room is adorable! How does Gabe like his ripstick? Spencer got one for Christmas and lo and behold, he can move his hips! (He does not get that from me!)

We're coming down at the end of the month and we'd love to see you guys!