Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Funny...

This weekend was Conference, so we decided to visit Mom and Dad (and conveniently leave the princess for a few days.)

Mom and Dad still live in the house I grew up in and it contains so many memories for me. While we were watching Conference, I hopped up to use the bathroom. When I went to leave the bathroom, the door would not unlock! Now - it wasn't a new knob....same old knob I have locked and unlocked a million times. But it seriously would not budge. So, I did what any women stuck in a bathroom would do. I started screaming and pounding on the door. "MOOOOOOMMMMM!" I actually started giggling because it reminded me of when I was younger and there was no toilet paper. "MOOOOMMMM! I NEED SOME TOILET PAPERRRRR!"

Luckily, Jesse heard me and came to the door. In his calm voice, he answers me, "You're going to be yelling for a while." He tried to help me unlock the door and then we were just laughing our heads off. Then ALL of the troops came....Mom, Dad, Ray, Paula, Ashley, Gabe....I kept overhearing Gabe say "This is going to be a great story tomorrow at school!" Great.

To make a long story short, Jesse had to get a ladder, climb through the window and take the entire doorknob off. All the while laughing.

My parents bathroom door now has a rather large peephole. Sorry Mom.

3 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

OK, funny on so many levels. Memories of yelling for toilet paper...Classic! Having a boy climb into your window....well, let's just say I'm sure you didn't imagine it being the bathroom window. ☺ And last but not least Gabe telling all his friends at school. You can always count on your kids to keep you grounded.

Michelle said...

That is seriously the best story. When we moved to Blackfoot a couple of weeks ago, we moved into Austin's grandma's house. They had just moved her into a retirement home because she has dimentia and was hearing voices, seeing things, etc. Well the last day she was home, she got mad and locked herself in her master bathroom. She was in there for hours and they couldn't get her out so they ended up calling the fire department. They had to break down the door to get her out. Fast forward... last week we took what was remaining of the bathroom door (only about 2/3 left) into Lowe's so we could make sure we ordered the same one. You should have seen the looks we got. They would look at big Austin holding totally mangled door, then turn to look at little short wife pushing 2 little boys in other cart. I don't think the door guy believed us either. He kept looking at me like "Do you need help? What goes on at home?"

Dina Paschalides, DPT said...

Oh my god, this has to be the funniest thing I've read in a LOOONG time!!! I pictured the entire thing and I can only imagine how hysterical it must have been!