Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh, really?

Gabe's class did a Biography Book Report for the month of March. The assignment was to pick a book on someone famous, read it and fill out the report, then dress up as the person and tell about yourself to the class. Well...Gabe's friends picked George Washington, Neil Armstrong, Anne Frank, Pocahontas....You'll never guess who Gabe picked....












That's right - THE KING:
I didn't want to spend a ton of money dressing him up, so we improvised with what we had at home! I sewed him a gold cape (that I did buy), raided Emma's dress up bag for some gold beads, gave him a gold belt from Christmas Ribbon, painted old sunglasses gold, cut out a cardboard guitar complete with fishing string and buttons, and of course - black eyeliner sideburns. He looked so good and his report was awesome!

The best part was when he shook his hips for the class. He said, "When I shake my hips like this - shake, shake, shake - the girls go wild!" Oh - Gabe...they went wild!!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

That HAS to be the funniest thing I've heard for a while!! Tell him he looked awesome!

Our Loved-up Family said...

That's priceless:)

becky said...

that's tight...

Palmer Family said...

That is so cute!!!

Aly said...

That is great! What a cute kid!!

Paula and Ray said...

This is great!! He looks awesome!!

Krazy Keetch's said...

Love it! Brianna had to do that last year.. She chose an african american woman..You you can only imagine my creativity

Mom and Dad said...

I Love it! Made my day, what a cool Kid only our Gabe could pull this off. His costom is awesome I bet there is alot of good stuff in Emma's bag.

Love to all
Mom and Dad

Troop 2531 said...

That is hilarious!!! What a cute kid! AND very nice job on the costume Trish!

Katie Allen said...

awesome Gabe!!!!

Soccer Mom said...

LOL!!!! That is awesome! I wish we could have been there!!!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Gabe is the funniest kid ever! I'm sure all the girls went wild when he shook his hips. How in the world did he come up with "The King"! I don't even think my kids know who he is. Did you go and watch him give his report? I would have been laughing the whole time. What a great sense of humor!

GoldenFamily said...

I love it. I cant wait for the day Tanner does this.