Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordan B. Hinckley

I love and admire President Hinckley. I know that he is a true Prophet of God. He is my prophet. I think everyone has "their" prophet that they perhaps grew up with or gained their testimony while he was serving as Prophet. Mine is President Hinckley. I was a Freshman at college when he became the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was while I was attending college in my early twenties - an impressionable age - that I really gained a testimony of my own. He is the prophet that I have prayed for my whole marriage. He is the prophet I have taught Gabriel about and to pray for. I loved to hear him speak and listen to his voice crack sometimes. I always have admired his relationship with his wife, Marjorie, and the love they had for each other. I was so broken hearted for him when she passed away, and left him so lonely. Can you imagine the reunion they had tonight? Here are just a few things I love about him:

I love everything he stood for. I love his sense of humor. I love his smile. I love his example. I love his teachings. I love that he loved us. I love that he loved the Savior. I love his relationship with Marjorie. I love the way his children speak of him. I love that he was such a cute old man. I love that even though I have never met him, I feel like I personally know him. I love President Hinckley.

6 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Thanks for your thoughts. I especially loved all the work and effort he put into building so many new, smaller temples. They are simply beautiful and we are truly blessed to have one soo close to attend! Loves!

Fishin' Ponds said...

You need to go to my blog, and then click in "Cami D." She posted the most incredible letter he wrote to Marjorie. I'm assuming it came from her biography. It helps ease our pain in losing him a little when you think of how happy he is to be with her again. I heard someone on the news say that next to Joseph Smith he did more for the growth of the church than any other prophet. How lucky are we to have grown up learning from such an incredible man?

Ash said...

Trish I know he is a man I will always remember. Everything you described is perfect. I will miss him so much. I am so glad he is with his wife right now. Think of the joy they are sharing with one another. Amazing.

Amy said...

I'm going to miss cute president Hinkley! He was so amazing.

Pedaling said...

thanks for sharing.
he will be missed.

The Christensen Family said...

DITTO...Sweet tribute to such an incredible man... I feel lucky to have been raised "knowing" and loving him. amazing...