Saturday, January 19, 2008

Singing Praises to Red Hanger...

Those of you who and know and love my Jesse, know that he likes the finer things in life. I go so far as to call him a snob. He loves great food and fine clothing. When it comes to his clothes, he wins the award of coming up with the craziest color combinations and pulling it off. One of his favorite places to purchase his "fine" clothing is Utah Woolen Mills in downtown SLC. This is not your cheap mall suit joint. They mean business. They know Jesse by name and have actually called me when a fabulous piece of clothing has come in, and they just know Jesse would love it. I think they are all working for the devil himself. Anyways, I can't afford to shop there on a regular basis, so on special occasions - such as birthdays - we can actually go INTO Utah Woolen Mills and purchase something. Jesse's birthday is coming up in February, so he was on the hunt! He found this great jacket that screamed his name and just had to have it. I must admit, it is pretty fabulous and looks so great on him. So here is the jacket....the story is not over...Since it is still cold outside, I figured he could have his birthday present early and wear it all winter. Bad choice. He had it hanging in our Master Bedroom Closet. This may seem innocent, but I keep all of my Laundry supplies in there also since our stackable washer/dryer are in a closet in the Master Suite. SOOOOO....I was putting a new bottle of LIQUID Tide up on a shelf when WHOOSH! down the liquid came all over me! Of course I was shocked, but hey, I was in my Mom clothes and they already had snot and tiny hand prints all over them, so they needed to be washed anyways. I got sick when I saw that the liquid was all over Jesse's fine jacket. Oh crap. Jesse didn't get upset, he just calmly called Red Hanger Dry Cleaners while I tried to convince him that even if there was still a stain on his jacket, it was very expensive and he could still wear it. I didn't work. Anyways...Red Hanger gave him a lady's name and location to find the next day. When Jesse walked into her place the next day, she knew who he was, took the jacket, washed it separate from all other clothing, and IT CAME OUT! And they still only charged $7. They will have all of my Dry Cleaning business from here on out.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

ty was worried, glad to hear it's all better. And good to know you found a new dry cleaners, what a happy ending to a long trail of dispair!

Amy said...

I'm glad that everything ended up okay. I know how frustrating and nerve wrecking it is to damage something new and expensive. Jesse is lucky to have you as a wife and let him get that cool jacket!

Cindy G said...

Isn't it so wonderful when a disastrous situation that seems destined to end horribly turns out okay because of the miraculous technology we have today? Yay for the dry cleaners! And yay for such a cool jacket!

christensen crew said...

Oh this is so something that would happen to me! And yes, Red Hanger is great, I am a Red Hanger VIP! How embarrassing is that? Too many mistakes and too much ironing for me! Great Jacket! Glad it all worked out! Whew!

Ash said...

I love it that they got it out for you. They are the best! This jacket fits Jesse to a T. Only Jesse could pull it off.

Fishin' Ponds said...

I am seriously laughing out loud!! :) If only Shayne were as concerned about his choice of clothing as Jesse. If I can get Shayne to wear something other than a wrinkled fishing shirt I'm excited! And I must say...I can totally see Jesse pulling off some crazy combo's...some people just have that talent!

The Christensen Family said...

ooohhh - you are lucky! I accidentally slammed one of Mac's sweaters in the car hatch and put some holes in it. Not so easy to repair... I am still living it down. Glad it all turned out okay! Love you guys!