Friday, January 25, 2008

Suggestions...

I LOVE the book club I belong to! Not only do we read some great novels, but we have great conversation and always yummy food! The next time we meet, we are bringing suggestions for the next few books to read. So...has anyone read anything absolutely fabulous that you think everyone else should read, too? We are currently reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.The first book we read was Eclipse in the Twilight Series...of course, loved by all!



One of my personal favs so far has been These is my Words. I got sucked into the main characters life. When I finished the book, I could have started over and read it again.
So what is your pick?

5 comments:

Pedaling said...

i don't have a suggestion, but i appreciate yours.
i'm always looking for a new read.
thanks

Marisa said...

Ooooh, what a good reminder, I haven't read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" forever! I read the Eclipse series, because frankly, I didn't know if I could show up at church if I hadn't. :) They were fun to read!

Our last book club read The Robe, an old book, but really, really great. I loved the book, The Last Chinese Chef -- looking at the Chinese culture through food was fascinating and it made me wish we weren't such a fast food nation! One of my all-time favorites is The Count of Monte Cristo. And Jane Eyre is another favorite.

Ash said...

These books look amazing! Thanks for the suggestions Trish. I wish I had a good book so tell ya. I will find one for you.

martha corinna said...

I'll have to give These is my words a go.
Right now I'm reading The Great Plains. It's non-fiction, obviously about the great plains, but it's beautiful so far.
I need to start setting some time aside for myself so I can go to book club.

Soccer Mom said...

The only books I can think of to recommend are the Prelude to Glory. Bo and I have read all but the very last one. They were very interesting. The only other books we have read a lot in this house are Clive Cusslers. If you like adventure, read a Clive Cussler-Dirk Pitt adventure! See you Soon! Loves!