Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our 4th of July...

This is how our 4th of July was spent...

We headed to Provo at 6:00am to have our first attempt at a 5K. Our sweet neighbor, Melissa, was so cute to offer to take Gabe, so we didn't have to push him. I am SO glad I took her up on her offer, as there were 1500 people running in the 5K alone! This is us after we finished up the race. It was a great time! We will do it again!



We met up with Jared and Amy later and took the kids to see Wall-e. It was cute. Not my favorite of the Disney-Pixar films. The kids said they liked it.

Our neighborhood then had a BBQ at a park by our house. They played "Horton Hears a Who" on a big screen. We stayed for a little, then took off to watch the fireworks. Here is part of Jared and Amy's family and my family waiting for the movie to start.

5 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

WOW, You guys are crazy! I don't think I could run a hundred yards let a lone a 5K. Pretty amazing!

Mindy Widdowson said...

Hey Trish-
It was so good to see you and your family at the park. I loved seeing Gabe walk around with his cast and a smile on his face. What a trooper. It looks like you guys had an awesome/packed weekend!
Love,
Mindy

Pedaling said...

a 5k for you is a walk in the park--isn't that your specialty?
great job!

Carrie and Jeff said...

That was a lot of great posts. You are so good to do the 5K. I need to do some. I'm doing a half-marathon in January (disney world one). I know---I'm crazy. I just can't imagine running 13 miles. Looks like you guys had an exciting 4th.

Stephen and Effie said...

4th of July is hands down the best holiday. Happy late birthday. I just had mine last sunday, Stephen took me to Maui,.... well actually it just happened to be the day we moved here, but it sounded good right!!!