Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yes, It was my Birthday...

Wednesday was my Birthday. Jesse was sweet and took the family out to breakfast. I did my normal routine for the day...a little weeding, taught a class at the gym, some laundry, made the beds...nothing out of the ordinary. I had a haircut that evening with my fabulous hairdresser, Brooke. When I went to leave, Jesse was parked in the parking lot to take me to dinner. He had arranged a Babysitter ALL BY HIMSELF, and made reservations at Ruth's Chris. Have you been there? You should go for your next Birthday. It is delicious. And we lived it up! Sourdough bread to start out with...of course, then some calamari, Ruth's Chopped Salad (I stumbled upon this yummy salad my first time there after they brought me the DE-licious Lobster Bisque. How did I like it? Oh, it was divine...then they told me it was the BRANDY they pour in it right before they serve it. Dang, it...so I ordered a salad. ) Salad was followed by the Filet with Sweet Potatoes (YOU HAVE TO GET THESE) and Broccoli. I was stuffed, but wasn't about to pass up the Chocolate Duo Dessert. Unnecessary, but so loved.

Of course, I have such sweet friends who called or stopped by to make my birthday special. Jeff and Lisanne even made me a fabulous chocolate cake, and Ty and Sarah called from Colorado so sweet Andie could sing me Happy Birthday. Thanks everybody for making my day special!

4 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you got to be spoiled just a little. You deserve it!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Trish. It sounds like you had a great day.

stephanie said...

Hey Trish,
I know you from the gym and conntected w/ your blog through Connie's. I just had a B. day too, but I didn't go to Ruth's Chris--as a matter of fact, I've never been there! I guess I better hit Dave up for a date night.

Pedaling said...

i haven't been there in years, but really they do have the best steaks around!