Sunday, July 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas...

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have any pictures of our trip to Las Vegas. What? How did that happen? Steph? How did that happen? I'll tell you how it didn't happen...we were working our butts off...but loving it! Picture this:

Day One: Wednesday
  • All Smiles!
  • No kids...no husbands...no worries...
  • Awesome keynote speaker - John Gray (he's the Mars/Venus guy) AWESOME!
  • Couple of 2 hour workouts. AWESOME!
  • Eating out.
  • Shopping.

Day Two: Thursday
  • Still smiling.
  • No ones diaper to change.
  • Eating out.
  • Four 2-hour classes today - all workouts. FABULOUS!
  • Shopping.
Day Three: Friday
  • Getting tired. Smile is fading.
  • Does anyone need me to dress them or feed them?
  • Four more 2 hour classes - all lectures today. LEARNED A TON...LOVIN' IT!
  • Eating out isn't so great anymore. Can someone make me a cheese sandwich?
  • Spent all shopping money - dang.
Day Four: Saturday
  • Just want to see my kids and hubby.
  • Start having visions of what we will eat when we get home...favorites were protein shakes, shredded wheat, and Barbacoa.
  • Really - will someone just NEED me right now?
  • Final 2 classes.
  • Flight home.
  • Surprise from Jesse and kids at the airport - almost cried. (he wasnt' supposed to pick me up...I know...so sweet)
Back to real life...laundry...cooking...reading everyone's blogs...changing diapers...I think every woman should have AT LEAST one trip away from her family per year. It makes us realize how much we love being a mom, and I HOPE it makes those at home realize how much they need us. Enough said...

8 comments:

Pedaling said...

great review and i could picture it clearly without the pics, even.
yes, at least one trip away a year isn't so bad.

Connie said...

Last year the spandex and shouting "Whoa" after everything was most memorable. You didn't even mention those this year!

Soccer Mom said...

Sounds like fun! Too many workouts for me!!! One a day is plenty!!!!

Mindy Widdowson said...

Hey Trish-
Did I read that right? 4 2hr. workouts? Consecutively? OH MY GOSH!
I always think it is funny how quickly we start longing for home! Jesse is so great for surprising you at the airport with the kids!!
I loved your post!
Love,
Mindy

April said...

Hey Trish!
Sounds like you had lots of fun and kept real busy with the workouts! I'm proud of you! That's ok about the pics! I guess it was more of a business trip than a vacation anyways, right?! And I agree that moms need at least 1 getaway a year...we love our spouse and kids more once we get back!

Kelie said...

so fun to hear about your trip! and sounds fabulous! although, I might not be up for FOUR 2 hours workouts in a day! good for you ladies! So cute of Jesse and the kids to surprise you at the airport...very sweet.

Marisa said...

Are you still visible if you burned all those calories? ;)

I know what you mean -- there's something about coming home to your family, your bed, your food, and your stuff. I love home.

whitney said...

trish i know you were missed at TAC. I had a few people tell me they were bummed when they went to your classes and you were GONE! good to go awol every once in a while! thanks for the run down! xoox