Friday, August 8, 2008

Flashback Friday

I think there is some unwritten rule that states "If you grow up in a rural county in Idaho, you must participate in the local County Fair." Of course, this rule applied to me, and I reluctantly entered a sheep in the County Fair - more than once. And my nieces and nephews are participating in that same County Fair right now. Because the rule applies to them, too.


I actually look pretty happy in this picture. I'm sure it's because I know this is the last time I have to walk that darn sheep. Click on it, I'm pretty cute and have the sweetest smile. Click on it so you can see my belt buckle and my bangs.

Somewhere in the rules, there is something about owning a cowgirl hat.

Another year, another sheep...

Oh, but notice the blue ribbon. Uh-huh. And notice the perm. And the belt. Classy.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

AWESOME! You are a very savvy woman - I would never have guessed you entered sheep in the fair! Just so you know, my dad went to college only because of his 4-H scholarship raising cows! Thank goodness he did it, or I probably wouldn't have gone to college.

Troop 2531 said...

That's hillarious! I'm from one of those small towns too...(Ephraim) and I was in 4H, but I stuck with entering the baked goods and cross stitch. :) Love your hair!!!

Sarah said...

Indiana has the same rule. I got out of it somehow. I just enjoyed the fair!

Melissa said...

Those were the days--I was always jealous of those bangs:) sounds like things are good! Melissa

Krazy Keetch's said...

Have you ever seen Savana Smiles? You look just like that little girl! Too cute

Michelle said...

I hated everything about those sheep! I hated walking them, combing them, washing them. I still remember that smell. 4-H group was fun with everyone I couldn't wait until it was over!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Great Flashback EVER! I'm so jelous.....you got to enter a sheep....I always had to take a steer. It scared me to death and one year my steer chased me around the arena. I couldn't wait for the fair to be over!

Kathy said...

Great memories, I am so grateful that now we sheer those lovely, little range maggots. Nicole, Eric and Ashlee all did great in the fair and of course no tears were shed the day of the sale. I just keep telling them that it is a great experience for them and they will be grateful when they get ready to go to college and missions. Lots of love, Kathy