Sunday, August 3, 2008

Whatcha reading?

I, like the rest of the nation, am reading Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. So far, so good! Just as I expected!

I just finished The Host, another of Stephanie Meyer's amazing works. I couldn't put this one down. This is her first adult book, (the Twilight Series was for Young Adults, but hey, we are all young adults at heart, right?) I am always in awe at author's and the stories they come up with. No exception with this one. Makes you think....

Then, I also read Escape by Carolyn Jessop. Okay, I think polygamy is wrong, but it is intriguing to me none the less. Not to participate, but to learn about it. This is Carolyn's story of being one of many wives, her trials, and her escape. Not a feel good book, but I liked it.

5 comments:

April said...

Ok, so I got Breaking Dawn at the release party, but haven't started reading it yet! Tyler has! (I actually have to finish another book for book club first.) I can't wait to get started though! I'm SO addicted!

Fishin' Ponds said...

I've read "The Host", but don't have the new one yet. I'm just amazed at the imagination and details authors come up with. I could never be a best-selling fiction writer...I'm definitely not creative enough. I would like to read the other book though. I'm fascinated by polygamy and why people stay in it, so I'll have to check it out.

Amy said...

Trish, I bought that book on Sat. but I haven't started reading it yet. I'm finishing that Host first. I heard Breaking Dawn is amazing. i can't wait to dive into it!

Stephen and Effie said...

Thanks for the book tip, I can always use a good book, and yes that topic is so interesting to me as well. I am holding off on Breaking Dawn until I can truly enjoy it

Connie said...

I LOVE Stephenie Meyer! I have to admit Breaking Dawn was not my favorite, but it was fun to have closure to to whole series.