Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today I am Thankful For...

Date Night!And why did I put a picture of Sushi for "Date Night" you might ask? Because that is our favorite dinner of choice on our night out. For 3 1/2 years we have been doing a Babysitting Swap with three other families each month. We babysit all of the kids one night a month, then three other nights that month are ours to go on a date - and FREE babysitting. It truly is heaven, and I look forward to spending some alone time with Jesse every single week. In fact, my kids look forward to it! I think all couples need a date night each week - it is good for our relationships. Things we like to do on date night:
  • Dinner (sushi, usually)
  • Movie - at home or theater
  • Thanksgiving Point Gardens
  • Shop
  • Barnes and Noble - we just wander and read for hours!
  • Color me Mine - this is a ceramic art place we tried last night. Very fun!
  • Hale Center Theater
  • Hanging out with friends

5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Too Fun! Everyone needs a night away!

Pedaling said...

i love all those things too,,,except the color my world place- never been there- but the sushi and hale theatre and friends and all- i can connect!

Tara Hoppie said...

Jeff and I enjoy the same things on our date nights. I think it is so great that you have a babysitting group. Maybe Jeff and I should find a few other families to do this with too. What a brilliant idea!

Carrie and Jeff said...

We just started a date night swap with one of our neighbors, but we should get 2 more so we can go out 3 times a month. That is a great idea.

Connie said...

Amen to Sushi and date night!!