Monday, November 24, 2008

Today I am Thankful for...

The gym AND its amazing MEMBERS!
I love my gym. I know, I am biased. But I do. I love it. But what do I love more? The members. And I am not saying that to brown nose (like 3 of the members have even visited my blog.) I am thankful for them! They keep me motivated to continue on my health quest! Reasons I love them and the gym:
  • You are complete strangers standing in a class one week, friends the next, buddies the next, know each others families, doing lunch, buying each other birthday gifts, Christmas gifts...you get the picture.
  • How can you not get close to other women when everyone comes with no make-up, hair a mess, sweaty...I mean, come on! Gotta love each other!
  • We all have a common denominator - we want to be healthy!
  • EVERYONE notices when you are gone.
  • When you get back, we all want to know why you were absent.
  • We have been through much together - weight loss/gain, holiday stress, marriages, baby births, divorces, miscarriages, heart attacks, cancer, vacations, rebellious children, and even death.
  • I especially LOVE the members who come to my classes - I feel a special connection with them. I hope they feel a little bit of the same for me. I love to hear about their ups and downs. When they are going to be gone, they tell me, because they know they will the third degree when they return! I actually had one lady call during a class to let us know she had had her baby!!
  • There is a special connection with those who don't come to my classes. I love to catch up with them when I can on the fitness floor - even if you don't know their name. We know each others faces and connect.

7 comments:

CHYNOWETH FAM said...

Hey Trish, I know what you mean. I miss the treehouse gym it really is the best.

Aly said...

I love all your Thanfuls! you are so cute! Hope all is well with you and your cute fam! I haven't talked to you in forever. I think maybe you taught my class at the expo. If you did.. how did it go? I hope it was okay.

Meredith said...

How crazy that I would read your blog today. I don't know if you remember me---Meredith. I was in your spin class and firm class. I moved to Seattle in February. One day in spin you were talking about reading other people's blogs and then gave out your blog address. I have read it off and on since then. I loved the Treehouse and I LOVED your classes--seriously, you were and still are the best fitness instructor I have EVER had. You made class fun even at 5:30 am. =) I waste a lot of time stalking complete stranger's blogs and once I find one that I like I just keep coming back. I should have left a comment a long time ago but when I read your post today I just had to say hi. Hope all is well with you!

Anonymous said...

I must be one of the three from the gym. I totally agree with everything you said about Treehouse. I have grown quite attached myself. I've also made so many friends there and I have always thought you were a fabulous instructor Trish. I know there's a lot of women from the gym who really look up to you in so many ways, myself included!

Staci said...

I wish I could say the gym..you are amazing and I've always thought that! Even when you were 9 month prego, you were still up and at em! My idea of a work out is being outside in the fresh air taking my puppies on a stroll:) I've enjoyed reading about things you are greatful for!! Thank you for sharing!!! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Keri said...

Wow! You have just inspired me to join a gym. Thanks!

Blanck said...

Isnt' this the gym with all the swingers? Is that why you like it so much and like all your "new" friends you have made there?
interesting