Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Today I am Thankful For...

A Car...
Any car...I don't really car what year, make, or model. Just "a car". I chose this image because the first car that was "mine" was a white 1990 Geo Prism. It had power locks, and I thought I was su-O cool! Anyways, back to being thankful... If I lived in downtown SLC, had no children, and didn't need a car, I would be content with a bike that had a big basket on the front to pedal to and from home, the school, the gym, grocery store....you get the picture. But, alas, I do not live in downtown SLC. I live on the side of a mountain....in Utah....where it snows.... a lot....with two kids....and no grocery store for at least a couple of miles. So today, I am thankful for a car to get me to and from one destination to the next and delivers me safely home each night.

6 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Thank goodness for cars/trucks that run and aren't wrecked!!!!!

Camille said...

I still want one of those bikes with the cute baskets on the front. It takes me back to when I first learned how to ride a bike. The baskets are so cute!

Cindy G said...

My work had a "Ride Your Bike to Work" day this summer. When I told my boss I wouldn't be participating, he suggested I just haul the kids to the babysitter in my bike trailer and then come on down to work. At that point, I'd have needed to go home to shower and go back to bed, not go to work!!

Amy said...

Oh Trish! i can tell you what I am thankful for is a wonderful VT companion. I'll miss going out with you to do visits. Thanks for all that you have taught me about the importance of VT. You're the best!

~Natalie~ said...

Oh man would I ever be lost without my car. I love it!
How are you doing??? I miss ya. Oh yeah and I didn't need you stuff after all. Thanks so much anyway. My tv spot was changed to Twilight t-shirts...so much fun!!!!!!!

Krazy Keetch's said...

Thanks for stopping by..I love reading your blog..its so much fun and always puts a smile on my face :)