Friday, June 13, 2008

Flashback Friday...

Dresden, Germany in front of the Elbe River.

Fourteen years ago, I graduated from High School and then spent a month in Germany with the German Club from school. What a great experience it was for a small town teenager getting ready to venture out on her own. I stayed with a family whose daughter had stayed with my family the year before. What sweet memories...I ate my weight in pastries...good thing we rode bikes everywhere.

Can you find me in the picture? I am in the black shirt on the right. With the pants cinched up above my bellybutton, shirt tucked in, and rolled up shorts. You can't see my feet, but I can guarantee I am wearing black socks (what else - you must match your socks with your shirt) and probably those brown leather lace up boots. You know the ones. You all had a pair.

One regret I have - not being a little older while I was there. I'm sure I would have appreciated the entire experience a little more.

One thing I did right - I gathered lots of postcards, took pictures of people and little details I wanted to remember, then came right home and made a scrapbook while it was all fresh in my mind.

5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

I remember the scrap book well. It was awesome!!!

Sarah said...

you are a scrapper at heart. A teenager scrapbooking like that is pretty amazing! I don't think I've seen that one. Next time I'm over...

So what did the German girl think of Malad? That's awesome she got to go to such a small town and experience real American culture!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

LOVE the picture! I didn't know you went to Germany w/the German Club. How the heck did Taylor end up in front of you? What a neat experience! I was in Island Park working while you were off exploring the world. Love seeing all the familiar faces from home!

Fishin' Ponds said...

I love seeing you and Heav in that pic! I remember you guys going, and I remember the nutella you brought back that we ate that fall at college! Mmmm...the best stuff!

Ash said...

Trish your pictures just keep getting better and better. Simply the best.