Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Week in Review...

I have learned this week that I take some simple things in life for granted:

  • Kids who can dress themselves.
  • Kids who can walk in the grocery store without crutches.
  • An 8 year old who is a big helper - when he is not on crutches.
  • Sleeping in the same bed as my husband. (Somehow Gabe and Jess have switched beds...)
  • Water proof casts and Orthopedic Surgeons.
  • Good friends who show up when least expected but when needed the most.
  • Good friends who shower Gabe with attention.
  • A husband who is such a "handy man".
  • Green in my garden.
  • A car, even though gas is so expensive.
  • Water for my lawn.
  • A properly working DVD player - mine broke. VHS what?? Yes, we still own one and still use it...

12 comments:

becky said...

i have to agree with the water! i'm hoping my flowers/grass don't die while we go through this "drought" on TM...

p.s. so sorry for Gabe!!!!

~Natalie~ said...

Glad the water is back on. Watering the lawn by hand didn't seem too fun!

Pedaling said...

that is a great list full of things we often take for granted.

Soccer Mom said...

Hope Gabe is doing better. We miss you guys! See you soon!

Kristen said...

We have lots of VHS movies if you are in need! Just let me know.

Connie said...

It was so fun to get caught up on your blog. I can't believe how far behind I let myself get!! So sorry about cute Gabe. So happy for all the miracles that saved hime!!

Amy said...

You always have so many things to list that you are grateful for. I guess I would have just as many if i actually sat down and thought about all of those things that I take for granted!

Mindy Widdowson said...

Hey Trish-
Is your optimism natural or is it something you have acquired over time? :)

I can't decide which is my favorite...A week in Review or Flashback Friday? Hmmm...love 'em both! Look forward to your blog.
Love,
Mindy

Burnside Family said...

I love to read your blog too. You always have great things to share. I don't mind at all if you add us to your blog list. I am going to add you guys too. Take care
Julie

Burnside Family said...

I love to read your blog too. You always have great things to share. I don't mind at all if you add us to your blog list. I am going to add you guys too. Take care
Julie

Ash said...

Those are the perfect things to be greatfull for. I think we do take those simple things in life for granted. Love ya Trish.

Sarah said...

Our DVD player has been broken too!!