Friday, June 27, 2008

Flashback Friday...

Redfish Lake, Summer of 1995


Every summer my family took a trip to Redfish Lake in Idaho. It is so beautiful! Now that I am a mother, I admire my Mom and her meticulous preparation for our family vacation. There were 7 of us total. She would pack all of our clothes and food...enough for 7 days of camping. Now, this was REAL camping that we did. We would park the truck on one side of the lake and then take the boat with all of us and our supplies to the other side of the lake for 7 days. Tent, outhouse, firepit...you get the picture. Did I mention it was usually for SEVEN days? Oh, we had so much fun on these trips...a hike to the Lily Pond, playing in the lake, waterskiing, a long hike one day. We were in heaven. The picture above is of me and my 3 older sisters on one of those long hikes to some gorgeous lake hidden in the mountains. Sorry to say, that I hate camping now. Maybe it is because it is me, and not my mom, who is doing all of the prep work. And, oh ya, I hate getting dirty and smelling like smoke. Sorry, mom. But I do have wonderful memories of those summers spent at Redfish Lake.

7 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

I don't like to camp either. I thought I did, when I was younger, but I don't. I'm like you--I don't want to get dirty and I hate smelling like smoke. My kind of camping would be to get a nice trailer with a generator so I can have AC!

Soccer Mom said...

I wonder were I was for that picture? That was a rough summer for me!!!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Redfish Lake is the Best! It is one of my most favorite places to go camping. Great Memories! Cute picture of you and your sisters.

~Natalie~ said...

What you don't like camping??? Sounds like you guys always had fun.

Kristen said...

I don't camp well either. Red Fish Lake is SOOO beautiful. We went over for dinner once while in Sun Valley. It reminded me of the lakes where kids go to summer camp. I hope to take my children and stay sometime.

Staci said...

So, I had to check out the flash back... as usual never a disappointment! Cherish these camping stories, which I know you do. I wish I had more of these to tell and when your love ones pass, it's the dirty..do we have to..stuff that stays in your heart forever!!

Shar Chavira said...

Seriously...I don't know how our parents did it. My mom had 6 and now I look back and think..."how in the world". So fun camping memories. Luv your flashback dayz. oh, and yes, Koda and gabe should chill since they are both gimps...but sadly Gabe got it even worse.