Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random Thoughts....

I have a lot of people ask me about our Babysitting Group, so I thought I would share the idea. A little background....4 years ago, I was getting frustrated by the lack of youth (ie. babysitters) in our neighborhood. Jesse and I could never date! I took the idea of doing a babysitting swap to some friends, and voila! Our babysitting group was formed. It has been going strong for 4 years! Here is how it works:

  • Each family has a weekend night that is their babysitting night. It is the same weekend night every month to keep it easy to remember.
  • On your night, you babysit the other 3 families children from 6:00pm to 11:00pm.
  • The other 3 nights you have a free babysitter from 6 to 11!
  • We all feed our own children before we drop them off - unless we decide to order pizza.
  • If you are going to be gone, you are in charge of trading with another family.
  • We have only had to cancel a few times in four years because of sickness!
It is truly heaven! The kids play great together! It has worked so well that I have a daytime one with a few of my girlfriends once a week for 3 hours. Honestly - these swaps have saved my sanity!

3 comments:

Pedaling said...

trish, that is a great plan and what a great idea to share!

Cindy G said...

I have a few friends who have done it. I'd like to start one when we get moved. Jaren's almost old enough to leave home, but what I would love about it is the regularity of date nights. Every couple needs that!

Mom and Dad said...

I love that picture, Brings back lots of good memories. You look so young and you still do. Good pictures of Gabe and Emma.

Love Mom and Dad