Monday, November 19, 2007

Emma...

Today I am grateful for Emma. It seems I spend my day picking up the messes this little tornado makes...but I wouldn't trade it for the world! Here are just 5 of the reasons I love and am grateful for my Emma...

1. She has perfect timing...I thought I had it made - a great husband, a 6 year old in first grade, all day to do according to my own plan, no crying babies in the middle of the night, no diapers, we could pick up and go anywhere as a family on a whim, etc. etc... She entered my life to remind me what I was missing...

2. She gives the best hugs and kisses...open mouth with tongue...gotta love it!

3. She has been sleeping through the night since we came home from the hospital...angel baby!

4. She reminds me each day of how special it is to be a "Daughter of God" and what a privilege it is for me to be her Mom and raise her. I like to think we were best friends at another time and place...

5. She likes her Daddy more than she likes me. It does hurt my ego a little, but there is nothing sweeter than a "Daddy's Girl".

8 comments:

Sarah said...

we love love love that little emma too! especially her open mouth kisses! That is probably the cutest picture of her, too. Watch out for a future model!!!!

Tate Family said...

You didn't mention how she melts EVERYONE's heart...Sweetest little thing ever. Thanks for the help today!

martha corinna said...

I really really liked you until I read that Emma has been sleeping through the night since she came home from the hospital. Now, I'm finding it difficult to continue our friendship:)
Abram wakes up at least 5 times, I believe it is time to ween and check into a motel.

becky said...

i'm dying at these last 2 posts...thank you for sharing something so personal...

i agree you have two of the cutest kids! love ya!

Pedaling said...

girls forever love their daddy - i love that about them.

not a rude comment about Primary kids - believe me it was a learned love - there were days that i would come home and tell big daddy tales from the wild class of horror - i just figured out what makes them tick and how to control their behavior -
this is the secret -candy & bribery
try that next time!

Aly said...

Trish.. Heck yeah Asian Star here we come. What a great idea. I love all the pictures of your cute family. I love to look at your blog. You have inspired me to write what I am thankful for. So dang cute.

The Christensen Family said...

I love those cheeks, those smiles and sometimes lop-sided piggies... She is an angel and we just couldn't adore her more than we do. Kisses Emms! We love you!
ps... I have a daddy's girl too... I try and pretend not to be totally jealous, but then again - I have Coley - my momma's boy. (The good kind, not the sissy kind!:) ) Love you!

christensen crew said...

I am loving your blog! This month's thankful posts are so tender and sweet...You are one lucky Mom! Thanks for sharing...Katie C.