Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving, Family, Home...

My heart has been full of gratitude this month, but especially on Thanksgiving when we traveled home to spend the day with family. If memory serves correctly, we haven't ALL been together since Thanksgiving of 2004. I am so thankful for my family...all of them...these are all the grandkids and one great grandchild on my parents side...16 in all...each special to me in their own way...

Going home is an interesting thing...so nostalgic...I like to wander around from room to room and notice the little things that are always the same...Mom's jewelry is still on the top of her dresser, her lotion still smells the same, Dad's keys and wallet are still on the kitchen table, the bread is in the same drawer. And some things are different...the trees are more mature, the rooms seem smaller, my old room seems more of a guest room than mine...but the love is the same. And for that I am grateful...

When we were little, we used to have one of those old rocking horses with the springs. We would try to see how close we could get the nose and tail to the ground. We succeeded many times, but enjoyed the hours of trying more than actually succeeding. That poor horse is now outside, faded, and cracked...but Emma still hopped right on and rode it like the cowgirl in all of us...


So, as November comes to it's finish, I carry my grateful heart into a new December...

7 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I wish my parents still lived in
the house I grew up in. There are such good memories there. I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Abigail said...

I am really glad you had a good Thanksgiving with your family. I hope to see you over the holiday's! Love ya xoxo

Kathy said...

Trish, the pictures look great. That horse has survived a lot, but makes for good memories. It was great to see everyone. Talk to you soon. Love, Kathy & Kids

Soccer Mom said...

It was great to see you! We made it home safe and sound. I guess we will have to figure out when we will all be together again and get mom and dad an updated picture of all the family! Your kids are soo adorable! Love to All! XOXOXO

martha corinna said...

I love all you memories and gratitude, it's such a great reminder for me.

The Christensen Family said...

how tender... you are so lucky to have a home with so much history for you... I wish that we would have stayed somewhere long enough to have those type of magical memories...;) emma looks too cute riding that old horse - Mac and I both had them as kids. So funny! love you...

Miss Lisa, Mom,or Nana as my bitty bums call me said...

Ride um cowgirl
what a doll