Sunday, November 11, 2007

My In-Laws...

I know this is atypical, but I love my in-laws! They are like a second set of parents for me. Today I am thankful for them. I am grateful to have them in my life everyday, but especially today. They are serving a mission in Greece, and I got to talk to them this morning. So now, I have been reminiscing since the phone call. They are those friends and neighbors everyone wants because they are so kind to everyone. They would drop everything to come to someone's rescue. I am grateful to have witnessed many such occasion. They have always treated me like I was a daughter to them - even before we were married. One of my favorite memories of them is when Jesse was on his mission. They took me and Katie (my now sister-in-law) and three of my roommates to St. George for Spring Break. Who does that? They do...and poor Wayne...putting up with all those girls when he only raised boys! A saint, I tell ya! I especially miss them with the holidays quickly approaching. I am grateful for their example to me, Jesse, and our children for choosing to go on a mission. It is not the easiest for them, but we are all being blessed for their selfless service. Wayne and Susan, I love you and am so grateful to have you in my life...

8 comments:

Tate Family said...

I LOVE your thankful posts...always soo positive. And I LOVE having you as a friend!

martha corinna said...

It sounds like your in-laws are lucky to have you.

The Christensen Family said...

Sweet tribute to them... They are very deserving of your praises and you are very deserving of their love for you! I am loving your sweet grateful posts... I am too late in the game to start, but next year for sure... xxoo

Kristen said...

You are such an optimist, I am glad you are in my life. What can we all learn from this...even when your children are only dating, treat their partnet with respect and they will forever respect you. When one is mistreated, it only creates problems for years to come! You are truly blessed, plus a mother of only boys was anxious for some cute girls in her life!

Pedaling said...

so nice - I hope i'm that good with son-in-law, future son-in-laws and daughter in law, some day.

glad i was missed yesterday, Lisa was out of town and I must tell you, i am so tired of going to they gym day after day, so without my partner, i guess i am a total waste!

but i do love your class, it's just that getting my butt out of bed problem.

Abigail said...

TRISH! I have been thinking about you alot lately! So I just wanted to say hi and also wish you a very happy Thanksgiving..know that I am Thankful for friends like you this year. Your kids can't get over how cute they are!!! The toiled one with Emma..dying, so cute!

Fishin' Ponds said...

Trish! I loved reading the comment about Wayne and Susan! I still think that about trip to St. George on a regular basis. We had so much fun...you are lucky to have such wonderful in-laws. You have to tell them I said "hello" next time you email or talk to them. I must say I'm lucky as well...I have the best in-laws. I wouldn't have chosen any differently. Aren't we lucky?!

Fishin' Ponds said...

Trish! I loved reading the comment about Wayne and Susan! I still think that about trip to St. George on a regular basis. We had so much fun...you are lucky to have such wonderful in-laws. You have to tell them I said "hello" next time you email or talk to them. I must say I'm lucky as well...I have the best in-laws. I wouldn't have chosen any differently. Aren't we lucky?!