Monday, November 5, 2007

Thankful...

I am starting a list of things I am thankful for. One "thing/person/place/whatever" for the month of November. Two things are prompting me to do this. One, I teach a Spinning class every Monday morning at 5:30AM - that is not a typo. I must admit that I have become attached to the members who get up at that forsaken hour to come sweat with me. Mind you, I don't really know all of these members on a personal basis - some I do - but most no. One member has let me have a sneak peek into her life through blogging, and she has inspired me - Thank you Sheila. She has started a Thankful Blog for each day of the month of November. I am copying her - give all credit to Sheila. But she has invited all to copy her idea, so I am! Next, I get an e-mail every week from Jesse's parents who are serving a mission in Greece. Susan is always reminding us of how grateful we should be for the little blessings in our lives. I giggle and shed a tear in the same sentence as she describes their trials and experiences - Thank you Susan.

So my first Thankful Blog, I am thankful for my Mom. Today is her birthday. She probably won't even read this because she has a phobia of computers - she is afraid of breaking them. I have tried to explain to her that all she has to do is turn it off and back on....no luck. Anyways, Mom, I love you. Thank you for giving me life. I never realized what a sacrifice a mother makes just giving birth - and then for the rest of her life!! - until I had the blessing to become a mother myself. All the late nights talking, the sick days and nights, the crying, the boyfriends, never judging, letting me grow, encouraging me, and always loving me. I could go on and on.... If any of you have the opportunity to meet my mother, you will soon realize she is one of the most humble people around. I love you, Mom. Happy Birthday!

(this is the day we blessed our sweet Emma)


6 comments:

Pedaling said...

that is so sweet - someone is going to have to help her log onto your blog so she can read it herself.
it is a blessing to have a great mom.

i am going to spin camp - but i still go to regular spin classes on some days as well -just depends on my schedule for that day.
oh, and why don't spinners like country music - i totally do - Don't you think a little Honkey Tonk B'donkey Donk would make a great spin song?
Lance on Wed. usually plays at least 1 country song and always 1 Brittney song. I love the country stuff!

martha corinna said...

oh my goodness trish, I am doing this too for the month of November! Great minds think alike I guess. Yours is really sweet!

Palmer Family said...

What a good idea! I will have to copy too!

christensen crew said...

Great post Trish, I love the idea of a post on gratitude for this month! What a sweet message for your mom. Aren't mom's the best? I think I will write a post on things I am thankful for too!

Abigail said...

Trish! It's Abbey, I love your blog. I sure do miss you. I can't believe how old Gabe looks and Emma what a little sweetheart. Hope all is very well with you and your family. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

The Christensen Family said...

I love your sweet mom... Her smile is totally infectious and you feel like you have known her your whole life right after meeting her. You are a perfect personification of her best qualities too - the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Love you so much!