Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Glorious Strawberries...


So my VERY favorite fruit would be THE STRAWBERRY! I am in love with this fruit...especially when it is purchased at Costco. Because they have the best Strawberries, that's why. And I can actually eat that many strawberries. Here are my two favorite ways to eat The Strawberry:

First, I love them in a Green Salad. Open up a big bag of greens - I like Romaine. Slice up lots of strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Put on greens. Candy some nuts - pecans, almonds, walnuts...a little of each. (If you don't know how to do this, put some sugar in a pan on the stove and let it melt. Then add in your nuts and stir.) I personally like to use my Pampered Chef chopper and chop up the nuts before AND after I sugar them. Add them to the greens. This is the important part - for the dressing use BRIANNA'S Poppyseed Dressing. A must. Don't try a different brand. It is not the same and will ruin the salad. Yummy!

Ok....so my second way to enjoy strawberries is a recipe I have been using since my youth. Get a measuring cup and fill with sugar - whatever size will do. Take your strawberries, the sugar, and a towel and go stand by the kitchen sink. Holding a strawberry by the stem, run it under the water. Hold it to the towel to get any dripping water off. Then dip the strawberry in the sugar. Take a bite. Repeat the dipping and biting until you get to the stem. Throw the stem down the garbage disposal so Jesse...er...I mean anyone, won't know how many you have eaten. Then start over with a new strawberry. Until the entire Costco carton is empty! Delicious!

9 comments:

Pedaling said...

strawberries are my treat of choice these days, without the sugar, of course! yum!
but i get the sugar thing really i do!

Soccer Mom said...

LOL! I still eat my strawberries the same with sugar!!!! Who started us on that? Mom!!!! Love, love, love Costco fruit! They also have awesome, huge raspberries!!!!

Amy said...

Yummy! I love Costco's fruit! If I had a bunch I could eat all of them in one sitting! You're making my mouth water!

Michelle said...

Maybe it's a Malad thing?? I do that too!

Abigail said...

Your so dang cute! Miss you!

Aly said...

Strawberries dipped in sugar is one of my fav treats!!! YOu are so funny

Shar Chavira said...

I was dying laughing. I can't imagine you eating all that sugar. But definately a MUST DO! River always asks me to go buy the costco strawberries too. he LOVES em!

Palmer Family said...

Me and you both!! I love love love strawberries with lots of sugar!!

Mindy Widdowson said...

It is so funny that you eat your strawberries with sugar! I have eaten them with salt my whole life! With you being such an avid strawberry girl...you might think that it is a sin to ruin a beautiful sweet berry with salt, but it hits my taste buds with great delight! :) I love the way you write about things Trish..so much fun to read!
Love,
Mindy