Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

This is my Dad...I think it is his Senior Year. I think he is so handsome.

Here are just a FEW reasons I love my Dad...
  • He is the most Christ-like person I know.
  • He is always serving others.
  • He is humble.
  • He can fix anything. I mean anything!
  • He has 5 daughters and NO sons. He was the wrestling coach and taught Auto Mechanics...no sons!
  • He fixed up a really cool old Chevy that he takes around to car shows.
  • He is not concerned what other people think about him.
  • He is a wonderful gardener.
  • He is the master camper.
  • He's a great bowler.
  • He always worked more than one job while I was growing up...and was serving as Bishop.
  • There is no question ever that he loves me, Jesse, and my kids.
  • He always took the time out of his busy schedule to take us fishing and camping every summer.
  • He always had family prayer with us before he went to work.
  • He loves to tease!
Dad - I love ya! Thanks for being such a great example to me and my family!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Frank is very handsome! I always thought auto was his outlet - so he could hang out all day with boys before going home and being out numbered. I love your folks - they (especially Donna Gayle) always makes such a fuss out of my kids when she sees us. Cooper thinks she's great.

Soccer Mom said...

I just posted some pictures of dad with the grandkids! Thanks for the post. Hopefully one of the sisters will share these with him!!!!

Sarah said...

That is such a nice post for your dad. You are such a sweet & considerate daughter. And he is so very handsome :)

And about your comment on my page..you did not steal my night! In fact you were on my gratitude list I made last night. (And the fact that you don't have TV so you get to come to our house to watch AI!!) You are ALWAYS welcome! Especially if you bring treats!!

Pedaling said...

so sweet- us girls love our pops don't we. i love those old pics- they are the best

Connie said...

He must be AMAZING to have five girls and no boys!! I think that is a sure ticket into the Celestial Kingdom--at least that's what I'm hoping for:)

The Christensen Family said...

Sweet tribute to your daddy... He is the cutest guy - love him even more now that I know those sweet details... xxoo

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

What an awesome picture of Frank! He was quite the CUTIE! No wonder he and your mom are still such a hot item. I remember when they were in their truck, cruisin' town.....Donna Gayle would be sitting right next to Frank like they were still teenagers! You always knew they loved each other.