Monday, May 26, 2008

Welcome Emma!

This week Emma turns TWO! So the posts this week are all about HER! Just as a princess deserves...a whole week of posts devoted just to her.

Here are a few facts about my pregnancy with Emma:
  • She was a patient little thing...waiting almost 7 years after Brother got to come to our family for her turn to come.
  • We found out at our 20 week Ultrasound that we were having a girl, and couldn't have been happier!
  • We found out at the same Ultrasound that I was 3 weeks further along than I thought, and I couldn't have been happier!
  • I taught my aerobics classes through the entire pregnancy and felt great!
  • I taught my last class on a Tuesday at 5:00am and was at the hospital at 7:00am to have a baby.
  • I didn't buy one piece of Maternity clothing. I just squeezed into all of my clothes. Probably a bad choice. But by time I got so big I needed Maternity Clothes, it was too close to having Emma and not worth the expense...in my eyes anyways.
  • I ended up with a C-Section because the cord wrapped around her neck - twice.
These pictures were taken by our good friend, Shannon, when Emma was just 4 days old. I love all of that black hair! Isn't she so perfect? This first one is my very favorite...

12 comments:

Pedaling said...

what an absolutely beautiful baby- you had to have been thrilled beyond belief.
you know i remember seeing you at the gym teaching all prego and i think i started your spin classes right after you came back -

oh, and do you think we should clarify who wayne-o is-just kidding, let 'em talk. hehe.

Fishin' Ponds said...

What beautiful pics of Emma! And what a wonderful pregnancy...you are one in a million Trish! :)

Our Loved-up Family said...

Teaching aerobics up to 2 hours before you went to the hospital..... my suspicions have been confirmed - you really are Superwoman!

Nikki said...

You taught your class the morning you had your baby!! You are amazing. And her little pictures are beautiful. She was such a pretty newborn.

Soccer Mom said...

Too Cute and what a princess! Ah, c-sections, not memories I want to remember, just that most important baby afterwards!!!!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Happy birthday Emma. Those pictures are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Carrie and Jeff said...

I love those pictures. C-section babies always look so great--they don't get a squished coming out. I didn't know you had her c-section. I had both my boys c-section. And you make me sick that you were able to fit in your regular clothes for most of your pregnancy. My pants don't fit when I take the pregnancy test (okay not that bad, but close).

Troop 2531 said...

How sweet... I forgot how little Emma used to be! I can't believe she is already going to be 2! The time has flown by so fast!!!

Connie said...

You are my hero--can't check into the hospital until after aerobics!! Incredible pictures!!

Dave and Shelby said...

What a darling family. Yes, I am back and am so proud that you still were checking my blog. I know who my real friends are.... Feel like I have not seen you forever. Hope all is going well.
XOXO Shelby

Valorie Johnston said...

WOW!...Such a cute BABY!... And such a cute 2 year old!...

Sarah said...

Ok so is this to make us all jealous??? YOU are amazing!