Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful "mothers" in my life. I have my Mom, Grandmas, Mother-in-Law, and my "extra" moms - you know who you are...and I love you all!

Here is a picture of my Mom and my Grandma with a few reasons why I love them so...

My Mom...(isn't she a hottie??)

I love her because:
  • She loves my kids and loves to spend time with them.
  • She bakes the best bread ever. A favorite memory is getting off of the school bus and smelling fresh, warm bread. Mmmmm...
  • She taught me how to clean.
  • She makes me laugh.
  • She is tender hearted.
  • She let me be ME while I was growing up.
  • She is best friends with my Dad.
My Grandma Kate - who I am named after...

I love her because...
  • She made the best homemade rolls.
  • She was a quilter, and I loved to sit under her quilts and watch TV.
  • I could go to her house if I got sick at school.
  • She always had popsicles in the freezer.
  • She had the most beautiful flowers.
  • She always came to Grandparents Day, although she had ten kids and a million grandkids...
  • She always had a powdery smell...I can still smell it if I try really hard.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you!!! xoxo

4 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Your mom is the best! She was my favorite substitute teacher and boss. She also taught me how to clean when I worked for her cleaning the elementary. She always made sure we wore rubber gloves so that the chemicals wouldn't age our hands. I think of her everytime I put them on. She is the greatest. Happy Mother's Day!

Pedaling said...

those are great reasons to love- sounds like a wonderful blessing to you in your life. they are both very beautiful women and the older the picture like of your grandma the better

Soccer Mom said...

Were did you get the pictures to scan? They are great!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Michelle said...

I sat by your mom and Kathy in Relief Society today at the "home ward" and she loved my baby the whole time! I love her green diamond glasses!! Your house was always so fun. It was the only place that folding laundry and doing dishes was fun. And I remember that bread!

Funny - I was actually thinking about grandma Kate today. I was telling mom that I remembered playing under those quilts (which she was always doing) with you all the time.