Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas 1996...

December 1996 I was a Junior at Idaho State University with the three best roommates anyone could ever ask for! Pepper, Jamie, Tara, and I were 4 peas in a pod. We got along amazingly great for 4 college age GIRLS, laughed a lot, could read each other's minds, and consumed a large amount of Cereal together. I wish I had a scanner to show you a picture of the 4 of us. It brings back good memories just thinking of them. So, back to Christmas...some of the details are kind of sketchy. Let's be honest, none of us got much sleep and again, we were living on cereal. Pepper, if you read this, you may have to fill in the gaps! That Christmas we had a beautiful live tree. How we got the tree...that's the sketchy part. I can't remember, but it was really pretty and filled our tiny apartment with the scent of pine. We loved it. Tara was a little elaborate at times and covered the tree with at least a couple thousand lights. I am not joking! We all left for Christmas break leaving our lovely scented tree to become dry as a bone. When we returned, we knew the tree needed to find a new home in the dumpster. The problem...we couldn't get the billion lights off without permanently damaging our arms from the pine needles. So, we chucked the entire tree, lights and all. Sorry, Tara. I also remember one of the gifts Pepper gave us that year before we all headed home for Christmas. She had typed all of our favorite scriptures on a small card and laminated it for each of us. I still carry that around in my scriptures...

1 comment:

Fishin' Ponds said...

You have to read my blog tonight...I've gotten way behind this last week...but I'm going to post a new memory. The crazy thing is that I was going to post the exact same memory...but was going to mention how we pulled the mattresses out and slept by the Christmas tree...remember the picture of me without my glasses?! I still just laugh when I think about it...anywho...read my blog tonight and I'll add my part to your 1996 Christmas memory.