Sunday, December 23, 2007

Family Christmas Parties...

I love Family Christmas Parties! We missed Susan and Wayne at the Allen Family Party, but are all looking forward to next year when they will be with us! The Madsen Family Party has a tradition of going Bowling. We all love this tradition! There is a lot of whooping and hollering, challenging each other, bets, and teasing. Such a fun time! Here is my Mom with Gabe, Emma, and cousin Cade. We rent the entire alley for one hour. It only has 8 lanes, but we all spread out into teams and bowl like crazy!


Here is Emma, who did actually have her hand at the game and was quite good! I'll add in Christmas Memory #11 here. Two years ago, I was pregnant with her, but hadn't told anyone yet. I was four months along and was sucking my gut in as much as I could so no one would notice. How I ever thought I could hide my 4 month pregnant belly, I'm not sure. I was cornered after the bowling by my sisters and Mom. "Is there something you want to tell us?" I said, "No, do I look fat?" They all just kind of stared at me. Then it all came out. I am the last one on my side of the family to still be having kids, so this was really exciting for my Mom and sisters!

3 comments:

Tanya Kimball said...

I love Emma's expressions! They are all so innocent! She and Gabe are going to have a ball together this year opening presents! Have a Merry Christmas!

Pedaling said...

enjoy your day.
I missed this morn. I realized that i had not yet gone to the store to purchase what was needed for our Christmas Eve Dinner that needed to get cooking early in the day - so, off to the store we went at midnight and then cooking till 2:30 - so no spinning at 5:30 for me.

Soccer Mom said...

Wish we could have been there! We missed all of you! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Gives those kids a great big kiss and hug from all of us here! Love to All!!!! XOXOXO