Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas 2005...

Gabriel has ALWAYS wanted a baby sister, ALWAYS! He would ask us constantly about when he could get a baby sister (he was worse than my sweet Mother-in-Law, Susan! - Just teasing, Susan!!) He even started telling his Primary Teachers, Pre-School Teachers, and Babysitters that I was going to have a baby. I was continually getting congratulation notes on his homework, and I was constantly apologizing and explaining the situation... Oh, how he wanted a little sis! We discovered Fall 2005 that we were expecting, so decided to wait until Christmas to tell Gabe. We told him Christmas Eve 2005. Was he ever excited! We probably could have just told him our surprise and forgot Santa that year. Five months later he got her - Miss Emma Kate. Best friends from the beginning...I hope that goes down as one of his best Christmas' ever. It was one of mine...

8 comments:

Ash said...

So precious Trish. Emma is the cuttest girl ever. I love that Gabe got his baby sister. They will always be so close. Loving your memories. Still thinking
Ash

Abigail said...

thanks for your sweet comment. I swear I have to be learning from all of these loses in the last year. I only have one heart, but I know that I have to keep carrying on...I can't give up. I have to know that Heavenly Father is getting me ready for the best. I truly had a sense of peace today and I know that my time is coming. Thanks for being so amazing. I truly think you are one of a kind. Beautiful words expressed in your blogs. Keep it up, it makes my day to read such great experiences.

Anonymous said...

Kids make Christmas so much more meaningful don't they.
Such great memories...thanks for sharing! .

martha corinna said...

I loved this story. I'm so glad he got his wish. He will be a great older brother, I always wanted and older brother:(

Tanya Kimball said...

I don't know your guys' new address for Christmas cards! Email me your address: tanyakimball@cox.net

By the way, how come those little babies grow up so fast! Look how little Emma (and Gabe) were!

Impact Fitness said...

Trish - thank you for being so dedicated to your blogging. I am not nearly as good, getting on my blog only a couple times a month!!! Your posts made my day today and I just wanted you to know that!

Love,
Meg

Fishin' Ponds said...

Gabe is so cute! Has he started asking for a little brother yet?! :) It's been fun thinking and writing about Christmas memories/traditions. Thanks for the creative idea, and invite. I've loved it so far!

Tate Family said...

And only you could be that far along and hide it till then...
Cute story...LOVE IT!