Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas 2003...


I have mentioned in earlier posts what a tender-hearted little boy we have. It started at a very young age. One of my favorite Christmas memories involves our tender-hearted Gabriel. In 2003, he was 4 years old, and it was our first Christmas in Utah. Santa was bringing him a train table and trains, but that was it. I worried that he may be a little disappointed that all he saw Christmas morning was a table and trains. No presents to open...just trains to play with. Boy, was I wrong! On Christmas morning, he walked in to see his present, and of course was excited. Then he turned to Jesse, and in all innocence said, "Dad, I don't know what to do about it." Jesse was unsure what he was talking about. "What's wrong, bud?" Then a response that made Jesse and I cry - "I got too much stuff." Only our Gabriel. Always reminding us of what is important in life. That year a little child reminded us that the material things in life aren't what really matters. It's our Savior, our family, our friends...I carry that memory around all year long, but at Christmas, it has a whole new meaning. Thank- you my tender-hearted Angel...

9 comments:

Pedaling said...

So Sweet - it's phrases like that, that keep us going.
Love it.

Kelie said...

i love it! that is such a sweet memory! thanks for sharing!

Ash said...

Trish,
Darling Memory. Gabe is so sweet. That train set is amazing. I am looking forward to hearing your memories.

Tanya Kimball said...

So sweet! I can just picture Gabe when he was that age during Christmas of '03! Hallie was brand new and you guys were so sweet to us! He is such a cutie! One day (years and years down the road) his wife will just love and appreciate that sensitive, kind lovin' heart of his. Meanwhile, his momma can sure appreciate it! :)

Aly said...

What a sweet little boy you have. Little tender heart, I love it. Also love love the December pic of Emma. So sweet.

The Christensen Family said...

of course... totally teary... he is such a sweet boy. it brings me all sorts of comfort - just knowing what a sweet husband and father he will make when he and Bella get married! :) love you guys...
ps - I can't wait to play! keep checking - coming soon!

martha corinna said...

This is so sweet. I love it.
You have some great memories.
Trish, I have to be honest, I'm not sure I can come up with 12. I sat in bed the other night and couldn't even come up with 4. There is something wrong with my memory right now. I think it has something to do with no REM sleep for about a year. Anyway, I was thinking I would do 12 'somethings' of Christmas since I have Alzheimer's.

Abigail said...

that is so cute. Thanks for sharing something so great to make my day seem a little better.

Abigail said...

that is so cute. Thanks for sharing something so great to make my day seem a little better.