Monday, December 10, 2007

Pajamas...

I put this darling nightgown on Emma last night, and had a flood of Christmas Flashbacks involving "The Christmas Eve Pajamas". So naturally, my 4th Christmas Memory is the tradition my family had while growing up. Every Christmas Eve, we anticipated the moment we got to open one present. It wasn't a surprise what was inside. It was always pajamas, but hey, we got to open one present early! This nightgown that I put on Emma, reminded me of the nightgowns my Mom used to make for us every year to open on Christmas Eve. I wish I had a picture to share! All 5 of us girls got the exact same nightgown, hand sewn by my Mom! I am not sure the precise year that the Pajamas evolved from hand sewn to store bought, but eventually she quit sewing. But the tradition carried on. I know some of my sisters still have the tradition. We somehow let it slip when we started having kids...maybe it's not too late to start!

This picture is of Emma being tempted by the Hallmark Ornament Tree...Seriously, is she not the cutest?

8 comments:

martha corinna said...

We had Christmas eve pajamas too. Love that night gown.
You are really making a go of it Trish!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Trish,

This is Amber (Sarah Bennett's sister). I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your Christmas memories so far and can't wait to read the rest. I even teared up when I read the train Christmas story about Gabriel. Thanks for sharing these special memories and helping me remember how wonderful Christmas is.

love,
Amber

Abigail said...

CUTE!!!

Kelie said...

we have the same tradition too, pj's on christmas eve! That Emma is so sweet! Love your memories too, they are all so special!

Miss Lisa, Mom,or Nana as my bitty bums call me said...

Hi Trish
That is the cutest photo ever I just want to squeese her and that card is so darling your amazing girl
Love ya
Lisa

Sarah said...

Emma looks so grown up in that first picture. She is too cute!! I didn't have that tradition growing up, but we are starting it with Andie this year. I got her some Mickey pj's at DisneyWorld that I can't wait for her to wear! And no, I don't think it's ever too late to start a new tradition. That's how you get them going...just do it!!

Ash said...

Trish my family did the same thing growing up. My Mom would always give us pj's on Christmas Eve. It was the best, because we could open a present early. Emma looks too cute.